Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Assignment #12- Bucket List

A bucket list is a list of things that you want to do/accomplish before you die ("kick the bucket"). There is a 2007 movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman called "The Bucket List" about 2 terminally ill men attempting to complete all the items on their bucket lists.

For today's assignment, you are to come up with 5 things that you want to accomplish during your time here on earth.  Do not include things that you have already done.  Graduating college and having children are not on my bucket list, because I have already done those things.  List the things from 1-5 including at least 1 sentence describing why you want to do/accomplish each thing.

Minimum requirements

this is a blog assignment
numbered list of 5 things/goals/etc. that you haven't done yet.
at least 1 sentence describing why each thing was chosen
at least 1 picture to go with one of the things
at least 1 correctly done link related to one of the things

1.  Get a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu-  I have been training jiu jitsu for almost a year.  I love it.  It will take about 10 years of continuous training to earn a black belt.

2. Run a half marathon faster than 1 hour and 55 minutes-  I will never be an elite level distance runner, but I consider running 13.1 miles in less than 2 hours an accomplishment. My original goal was under 2 hours, but last year I ran a 1:57:29.

3.  Run a marathon in under 4 hours-  I ran my first marathon in February.  At 19 miles my legs started cramping, so I had to begin walking to keep my legs from fully locking up.  Those slow last 7 miles added about 30 minutes to my overall time.  I finished at 4:25.

4.  Complete a triathlon-  I know I can swim, bike and run.  The question is "can I find enough time to properly train for a triathlon?".  Hopefully, one day I will.

5.  Travel to other countries-  I have only been to Mexico at this point in my life.  I would love to travel to and around Europe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment